April 29, 2009

Hair Cut

I have been growing out my hair for some time now. I got a hankerin' for a real short bob a couple years ago and I ended up cutting off over six inches! Needless to say it takes a lot longer to grow the hair back.

My good friend and old roommate, Melinda, is a hair stylist at HC Studio in Brookline and has been cutting my hair ever since we lived together two years ago. She's amazing! Not only does she cut my hair exactly like I want, but she also makes really beautiful jewelry. Check out her Etsy store, MUM.

Anyway, I've been working hard to grow my hair long (patience is key) so I don't plan on getting too much cut off. Just couple more layers up front with some shorter pieces to hang out when I put my hair up (a la Zooey Deschanel), and a trim for my bangs. I've always loved Karla of Karla's Closet, and her old hair-do is pretty much exactly what I am looking for (hence her face over and over in the collage!).

Perhaps a photo update of the new do later!


photos from Karla's Closet, Garance Doré, Zimbio, last.fm

No comments: