January 14, 2010

I need new glasses


$65 Bandini Vintage




$67 on Vintage 50's Eyewear




$65 on Corr Nucopia




$55 on Ivory Bird




$85 on Skinny and Bernie




$64 on Crank Heart Pony




I have been in the market for new glasses for a couple years now. I'm just too lazy and broke to actually get a new pair. Not having health insurance at the moment doesn't help much either.

Etsy has everything so I spent a couple hours looking at frames last night. I really like the Shuron models, but it's hard to commit to buying something when I haven't seen what it looks like on my face. There is a lot of guess work involved. I suppose I could always have them made into sunglasses if they look stupid on me as eye glasses. I really like the gold ones and I'm also kinda into some of the cat eye designs. I love the pretty detailing on the frames.

I think I'll just have to suck it up and go to an actual eye glasses store to try on a bunch of frames and take some notes regarding sizing so I will have a better idea of what will look ok on my face. Either way, the frames will be cheaper to buy on Etsy as opposed to buying new in-store, so it's a good place to start!

No comments: