April 18, 2010

Style Sisters


On me:
Shirt: Madewell
Skirt: American Apparel
Shoes: vintage

On Megs:
Shirt: H&M
Skirt: American Apparel
Shoes: vintage

This is me and my good friend Megan (sorry about the terrible cell phone photo).

People often say we look and dress alike. In fact, her boyfriend told me, "She actually dresses a lot like you," when they first started dating and we hadn't met yet. I had a work holiday party at my apartment a couple years ago and my co-workers kept asking her if she needed help with anything because they though she was me. The best story about us looking alike happened at a show at the Middle East Downstairs in Boston. My friend Ryan came up to Megan and gave her a big hug only to discover that it wasn't me, but a girl he had never met before.

Anyway, I'm in Boston this weekend because my best friend is running the Marathon, so me and my old friends had a little hang out. I hadn't seen Megan in a couple months, which is what made our matching outfits even more hilarious. Even when we are hundreds of miles away from each other - not shopping together or talking about clothing together - we still dress the same! Totally by accident. To top it off, I almost wore my hair in braids!

She is my style sister from another mister.

No comments: