July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day!

Pillow from Nicole Tarasick on Etsy

Happy Canada Day everyone! Here's something you may not know about me. I have a huge place in my heart for Canada. My grandfather grew up in Toronto and he and my grandmother bought a small cottage in Muskoka back in the 50s or 60s. My mother has been going up to the cottage almost all her life and I have been doing the same for as long as I can remember.

One of my best girlfriends is getting married in August when I would normally make the trek up there, so unfortunately I will be missing out on the reading on the dock, tubing, canoeing and hiking up the Devil's Face. There's always next year!

Also, I recently did a little interview with Chloe from Dirt on Your New Shoes. She selected me as her June Blogger of the Month! I was so excited and honored that she asked me because it's my very first interview ever! Head over to Chloe's blog to read the full interview.

My friends are trickling into NYC from various places so I am getting really excited for my birthday weekend. I hope you all have super fun long weekend plans!

2 comments:

sweet harvest moon said...

a bit late but: happy canada day!

Unknown said...

happy canada day.. last week :)

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons