November 5, 2012

Glory, glory, hallelujah!

Drawing by Gil Elvgren

Tomorrow is election day. The day I've been waiting for since the beginning of April. I just found out yesterday that Greg's last day at the campaign is Friday and I will get to take him home with me this weekend.

I don't talk politics on here, and it's certainly not the point of this whole thing, but I just want to take a moment to encourage all of you who can vote to go out and do so tomorrow. If you're not sure where your polling place is, here is a funny little tool that will tell you where to go.

And I don't want to hear any of that "It doesn't matter," crap either. It's nonsense. Voting is your civic duty and every single vote matters. Need some proof? Here in Brooklyn Lincoln Restler won his state committee seat by 121 votes two years ago and lost by a mere 19 votes this year. In 2000, Florida was decided by 537 votes. In the greater scale of things that's nothing, but it changed the course of history in this country and I think it's incredibly important to be an active participant in that history.

So get out there friends! Get excited by listening to to some patriotic tunes! Go forth and do the good ole US of A a service by casting your ballot tomorrow - Tuesday November 6, 2012!

No comments: