April 15, 2011

I have been MIA

Oh my gosh, it feels like forever since I made that last blog post. I am so sorry for being such a bad blogger the past ten days. Work has been kind of crazy and I went away last weekend to visit one of my best friends for her b-day, so I haven't had the time or energy to write a single word.

I should have a bunch of fun, silly pictures of me and my lady friends from my weekend trip (if one such friend ever e-mails me the photos!) In the meantime, you can get a sneak peek of our madness here.



One thing I did have time to do this week was some shopping! I haven't purchased any *brand new* items in what feels like a lifetime. Sure, I do a fair amount of thrifting and the occasional Buffalo Exchange run, but that's not the same as getting something fresh of the retail rack!

I got the two items above at Zara, which I normally avoid because I can never find anything cute. If I do find something it's usually like, $20 more than I'm willing to pay for it. Anyway, I hit the jackpot last week with this floral jump suit and this light weight sweater. I actually ran into Kennedy on the G train last week while wearing the jumpsuit and it caught her eye! There was no time for chit chat as the train was about to pull away, but it was an excellent start to my day nonetheless and a huge compliment coming from someone I admire!

Anyway, it's insanely comfy (basically like pjs) and I have been wearing it as much as the weather permits. I should have an outfit post featuring my newest wardrobe member from the weekend, so stay tuned!

No comments: