April 15, 2011

Crazy Hat Lady


I'm kind of going hat crazy a the moment. I currently have eight tabs open in my browser (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) to various straw hats that I am debating buying.

I already own one, but it doesn't feel right too me anymore. It's more of a fedora than a sun hat, and I'm looking for something a little more Anne of Green Gables, you know what I'm saying?


Ashley is kind of responsible for this new spark of interest. She recently posted the above photo on her Tumblr and not only did a pang of elementary school nostaglia burst into my heart, but also a sudden need for a wide brimmed straw hat. I mean, I've always loved and admired how Francesca effortlessly pulls off all of her various floppy hats, but being a shorter, more petite gal I often feel like a hat of that size might be too overwhelming for me.

The boutique I work for received some cute straw hats in this week, and I am partial to this one. I'm not the biggest fan of the floral scarf around it but that is easily remedied with some thick black ribbon. If it's still there come Monday, I think it might be fate. I was able to take a quick snap the other day - what do you think?


p.s I'm also sporting my new Zara sweater in that photo!

Painting via Wikipedia

3 comments:

the snail and the cyclops said...

awwh, that hat is reallllly cute on you! I don't think you should worry one bit about wide brims either - I think anything you put on your head will be cute!

Keep your eyes peeled at the thrift stores - I've been having really good luck finding hats for like $3! I found this one and the one I wore with Ashley's white dress for practically pennies!

lynn said...

it's very cute, but I think perhaps something flatter than that is even better, like a boater. and the fat black grosgrain ribbon is a great look.

i like the thrift shop idea too

julia said...

oh anne of green gables, be still my heart! i still watch them all the time and get so excited about it too. they are really well done movies, and of course the books are great too :) i always love her hair!