April 18, 2011

Upstate Birthday Visit



Last weekend my friend Emily and I went to upstate NY to visit our good friend, Sarah, for her birthday. She's been living up there with her family to save money, which is smart, but also very lonely. There's not much to do up by the Canadian border so we brought a taste of the outside world to her for a few days.


We were blasting Whitney Houston in order to get pumped as we pulled into Sarah's driveway. Unfortunately, Emily got a little carried away during the chorus and drove off the gravel driveway! The car was almost completely tipped on it's side! It was kind of scary at first, but eventually became hilarious. It definitely set the tone for the weekend!


Necklace: Dalaga, Shirt: American Apparel dress cut into a crop top, Pants: thrifted

The first thing we did when we arrived was grab some champagne and wine (among other things). As an ode to Betty Draper, we had a late afternoon 50's house wife drink in the sun room before dinner. We're kind of silly when we get together so there was LOTS of laughing to the point of tears! Friday was a little crazy as we ventured to one of the few local bars for some dancing. We convinced the DJ to play some 90's hip hop and R&B, so the night didn't turn out half bad! Nothing like a little Montel Jordan to elevate the evenings potential.




Saturday was much more mellow. We took our time in the morning and made breakfast before heading over to Sackets Harbor. We played cards in Sackets Harbor Battlefield park for a little while and enjoyed the warm weather. I got some gnarly ant bites from lying in that grass, which itched like crazy until about a day ago, but it was worth it.

We had a little photo shoot before the sun went down - turns out jumping in the air all at the same time is harder than one would think...



As you can see, the warm weather allowed me to bust out my new jumpsuit! Sarah was in love with it, but not as much as I am in love with her red lipstick! I mean, how fabulous does she look in that bright red shade? I borrowed her lipstick all weekend. I am determined to find this color or one like it. Any tips, ladies?



Sunglasses: Ray Ban
Necklace: Dalaga
Cardigan: American Apparel
Jumpsuit: Zara
Bag: Coach via Etsy
Shoes: thrifted

It's been two years since we all went our separate ways (Emily T and Sarah to LA, me to Brooklyn and Em staying in Boston) but it always feel like we saw each other yesterday when we reunite. As with the rest of my lady friends, I am not so secretly hoping Sarah will move to NYC at some point.


I miss Sarah already. It's really hard to find such good friends, especially one you feel like you've known your whole life. Sarah is definitely one of those people who came into my life and now that she's here I can't imagine her not being around.

1 comment:

Kennedy said...

all girl slumber party weekends are where its at! this looks like the best time <3