October 8, 2011

St. Croix Pt. 1

All photos by me

My St. Croix photos have finally arrived! OMG!

So there is a story behind this trip and why I went with 12 people to this tropical paradise. One of my best girlfriends, Kate, got married and her now husband, Nick, is from St. Croix! He was born and raised on the island and a lot of his family couldn't make it to the States for the wedding, so they decided to head down to the island after the ceremony to celebrate with Nick's family. Kate and Nick are two of the most generous people I know, so they naturally invited all their friends to come down with them and hang out in the Virgin Islands for 10 days.

It was truly amazing and even better because Nick knows all of the best things to do an see - the things that you wouldn't know about from guides and reviews, the type of things only a local would know.

One such thing is this amazing beach. These are from one of our first beach adventures and it was my favorite beach that we visited the entire trip. The sand was big and grainy and the water was incredibly warm and crystal clear. It was one of the hottest days so we were in the water almost the entire time. I could only read in the sun for 10 minutes at a time before I would start to sweat and burn. Eventually we had to just take shelter in the shade.

I'm really excited to share all of these with you! So much more to come :)





No comments: