March 5, 2012

Bryant Park

Photos by Greg

Scarf: Made by my mom
Coat: Thrifted
Bag: Dalaga
Barette: Lawrence
Sweater: Thrifted
Necklace: In God We Trust
Dress: Madewell
Shoes: Madewell

Greg and I were on a mission this weekend to find him a navy blue blazer for his mom's wedding. You'd think that such a basic and classic men's item would be easy to find, but apparently it's not. We trekked all across Manhattan trying to find a four season wool blazer for less than $300 and let me tell you - such a thing does not exist in NYC at the moment. We were so frustrated after going from store to store - high to low end - and striking out every time that we had to take a break in Bryant Park.

We watched some kids ride the carousel and took pictures as tourists stared at me while I posed awkwardly in front of the camera. It was good to change our pace for a moment because we were both so tired and defeated by our search, which was only magnified by the L train not running. We went home Saturday empty handed, but found what we were looking for Sunday at J.Crew. Not the right price, but that's the best it's gonna get right now!

I also have to talk about this coat for a second. I got it two weekends ago when I went thrifting/exploring in Bushwick with Emma and Emily. I ended up finding two coats for only $20! This one is a juniors size (hence the short sleeves), but it fits like a glove and I love the velvet detailing on the collar and pockets. I know it's almost Spring but I really need a new winter coat and I couldn't bear to leave this one behind. I went back this weekend with Greg and got another coat for only $9 and some new buttons for the other. Needless to say, I think I'm ready for winter next year!







No comments: