March 8, 2012

Carven Winter 2012

Carven Women's Winter 2012 show from Carven Paris on Vimeo

I haven't been keeping up with runway shows and I hardly do anymore because there is just too much to see, but Rebecca brought Carven to my attention and I knew I had to share it.

The collection reminds me of the dark hallways of the MFA where medieval paintings and tapestries hung in forgotten wings. The fabrics and textures are so lush and are reminiscent of period films like Elizabeth which I love for the ridiculousness and also the intricacies of the clothing people wore back then.

I like to think that this is what I might wear if I were a museum curator or a research assistant. My nose in ancient books and thumbing through archives finding old treasures that might hang on a wall some day.

The video really showcases how the clothing moves and you can see the amazing details much better, so I hope you enjoy it!











All photos via New York Magazine

No comments: