May 7, 2012

Texas Pt. 2

Photos by Greg

Sunglasses: Ray Ban
Top: Beacon's Closet
Jeans: thrifted
Bag: vintage
Shoes: Asos

After a crazy lightning and thunder storm that kept me and Greg up all night in Austin, we headed to San Antonio. We made a very important pit stop on the way: Lockhart, TX. Lockhart is the BBQ capitol of Texas and for good reason. There are probably ten different places to have BBQ for lunch (as well as a bunch of cute antique shops!) but the winner, hands down, was Kruez. They're famous for not having or allowing any kind of BBQ sauce and I can tell you that it doesn't matter because you wont need it. Best brisket ever.

Lockhart is a pretty cute town and their town hall is gorgeous. We sat on a bench on the town hall lawn and scarfed down our various piles of meat before checking out a few antique shops. It really looks like an old western town with the flat store fronts and raised side walks to keep away from the road. I'd like to go back sometime and explore a little more.

Next up was San Antonio and The Alamo! We did the general tour and history related things while we there, but overall The Alamo kind of bummed me out. A huge part of it is missing and it's smack in the middle of down town so it almost feels... too touristy? I guess I'm just used to these kinds of historical sites being in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by fields and giants trees. I felt the same way about Gettysburg too. There were just so many people and ugly monuments everywhere that it was hard to actually picture what the place used to look like, which I've discovered ruins the romance of it for me.

I was really happy to experience The Alamo regardless and I'm positive that I won't ever forget it.









No comments: