November 21, 2011

Madison Square

Photos by Greg

Scarf: Steven Alan sample sale
Coat: Thrifted
Dress: Via a swap
Sweater: J.Crew
Tights and shoes: Dalaga
Bag: Vintage

This jacket is one of my most treasured thrifted items. I got it way back in May during Memorial Day weekend when I went thrifting with Kennedy. It's really hard for me to find vintage jackets because I'm relatively petite, so you will often find me in the kids section looking for outerwear. That usually leads to me wearing things that are cropped with 3/4 sleeves, but I think this jacket must be a juniors size which is why it's so perfect. It fits me like a glove. Seriously, it's like this jacket was made for me. The sleeves are exactly the right length, it's not too wide or tight in the shoulders... not to mention the amazing stripe detailing on the sleeves and collar. Love at first sight!

I had a pretty lazy weekend, which was much needed after burning the candle at both ends last weekend. I forgot to mention in my last post that I went to Elephant's Trunk with Alley and Emma. I woke up at 5 am and we left by six to get there by eight. I was out until 3 am the night before for a friends birthday, so it's really my own fault, but hey. It was totally worth it. I got a rad 48 star American flag (with a 49th star hand sewn on!), an old wooden painters ladder and the most delicious hand made mini donuts I have ever eaten.

Greg and I just did a few errands in Manhattan and we stopped by Madison Square before heading to TJ's for groceries. I really wanted a vanilla milkshake, but even in the fall there was a line about a quarter mile long. I can't really believe its already Thanksgiving, but I'm excited at the prospect of going home for Christmas. I love New York, but there really is no other place like New England this time of year. I could use an injection of that traditional Northeast holiday spirit.

Oh! And this scarf is one of my newest Steven Alan sample sale finds. I went on Friday morning and the man himself was there. Pretty sure he saw me in my bra as I was trying stuff on, but what are ya gonna do? I also left with this dress which I had been eyeing since the spring. Score!






No comments: