January 30, 2012

French Bushwick

Photos by Greg

Sunglasses: From Anna via a swap
Shirt: St. James
Jumper: Vintage via Etsy
Bag: Dalaga
Shoes: Madewell
Coat and scarf: J.Crew

This graffitied wall is right around the corner from our apartment. The awning says it's a produce stand, but it hasn't been open since before we moved in. I think it was/is owned by the same people who had the bodega on the first floor of our building (which has since closed), but it doesn't look like they will be reopening it anytime soon. I'm hoping for a cute coffee shop, bar or little cafe to open in it's place! It would be so nice to have something like that right at our doorstep.

I felt very Parisian in this outfit, but that's only because of the St. James tee and the red lipstick. Stripes are always my go-to when I'm not quite sure what to wear. I have a huge stack of them and they take up most of my shirt drawer, but this St. James is definitely my favorite. I've also amassed quite the jumper collection which seems kind of weird, but they're perfectly suited for all the stripes I own that it somehow makes sense.

Sometimes I feel like I dress too young (whatever that means) - that I'm missing that "adult" element, but I can never quite put my finger on what that is exactly. Maybe I'm just being too self critical. Either way, I won't be getting rid of this winning combo for a while to come!





No comments: