February 17, 2012

Essential Items

Collage by me

Not too long ago someone on Tumblr asked me "What are some essentials that every girl should have in her closet?" No one has ever really asked me that before so I figured I would have some fun with it. I ended up getting kind of carried away and I spent like, two days looking for things on the internet and making the collage above.

In the end, I'm glad I took the time because it made me really examine my own wardrobe and I am missing some things from my own list! It also really made me want to throw away everything I own and start from scratch with just really great, simple basics like these. I love the idea of simple living, but sadly I don't even come close to mirroring that life style. I've been doing a damn good job of not shopping and adding things to my closet that I don't need, so I guess that's a start.

Anyway, here is my list of essential items that I think all ladies should have in their closets:

A striped shirt / High rise jeans / Leather saddle bag / Chambray shirt / Tote bag / Brown oxfords / A dress that fits you well / Knee length skirt in a basic color / Black flats / A piece of jewelry that means something to you / Cream sweater / Pretty hair accessory / Black tights

What are some necessary items in your closet that you can't live without?

No comments: