February 3, 2012

Kimbra



Michelle told me about Kimbra a month or two ago and didn't really pay much attention because I'm generally not a pop music kind of girl, but I can't stop listening! She's only 21 but has an amazing soulful, jazzy voice which is perfectly paired with the dark, quirky arrangements and I really dig the world she creates in her videos.

She's obviously cute as a button too and to be honest I'm kind of a sucker for anyone with blue eyes and dark hair. I also feel like we are kindred dancing spirits. Greg tells me her moves are not unlike my own haha!

I really love her live sessions at Sing Sing Studios (one of which is below) the best because they really highlight her voice and the music is much simpler.

Anyway, here are a bunch of videos - Happy Friday!



No comments: