May 23, 2012

A Perfect Dress

Photos by Greg

Dress: The Apple Yard Pintuck Dress by Blooming Leopold
Necklace: Gift from Greg from In God We Trust
Bag: vintage
Shoes: Swedish Hasbeens

I have been saving this dress for just the right moment. I've been itching to wear it since it arrived in the mail a few weeks ago, but the weather has been miserable so it stayed safely tucked away in my closet until this past weekend.

Lauren was kind enough to custom make this just for me, altering the length a bit because as much as I love midi dresses, they make us shorter folks look even shorter. Lauren is a petite gal her herself so she knew just how to adjust it perfectly. The linen is light and crisp - perfect for hot days and strolling around the coast. I felt like a million bucks in it and it must have shown because I received stares and compliments from several strangers!

I went to New Hampshire to visit Greg this weekend and the weather was amazing the entire time. Greg had mentioned how much he loved Portsmouth the last time he was there for work, so with some insider tips from my gal pal Whitney, we headed east on Saturday afternoon. I was more than happy to put this dress on and walk around the very old timey New England town sipping on beer from the Portsmouth Brewery and enjoying a vanilla cone from Annabelle's (Greg loved the ice cream so much that he signed up for their mailing list).

It seems fitting that the first time I got wear this dress was in NH because Lauren was just in Portsmouth at the end of April! She fell in love with it just like I did and I look forward to going back many times throughout the summer.

You can see the gorgeous and dreamy Blooming Leopold Spring/Summer look book here and shop the collection now on Etsy.





No comments: