August 22, 2012

Mt. Washington: The Ascent

Photos by Greg

Shirt and shorts: thrifted
Necklace: In God We Trust
Sunglasses: Ray Ban Clubmaster
Bag: Vintage
Shoes: Worishofers

The auto trail up Mt. Washington comes with an amazing audio tour and takes about and hour, but knowing me and Greg it took more like two. We kept stopping to take pictures at nearly every pull off! The views are absolutely amazing and we really lucked out on the weather. Usually the top of Mt. Washington is cloudy, windy and freezing cold even in the summer, but we were graced with sun and clear skies.

I've been going to Mt. Washington my whole life. Mostly because my dad has been going his whole life too. There are so many stories with reference to Pinkham Notch, the Cog Railway and Tuckerman Ravine that they all seem to bleed together into one long winded tale my dad is known for telling. It was fun to go again now that I'm older because I appreciate it in a whole new way. Probably how my dad did when he used to take me and my little brothers all those years ago.












No comments: