August 29, 2012

Mt. Washington: The Summit

Photos by Greg

Jacket, shirt and jeans: thrifted
Bag: vintage
Shoes: K-Mart in St. Croix

I apologize for this photo heavy post, but the summit of Mt. Washington (to put it plainly) is really cool. Aside from the obvious views, there is the Tip-Top House and a museum inside the observatory that probably hasn't been updated since the 90s. One example of the museum's exhibits is the painting of Lizzie Bourne who died on the mountain in 1855. I did my best to recreate her likeness.

One of the very best things you can do though is send a post card from the top of the mountain and the Postal Service marks it as "Sent from the top of Mt. Washington". We wrote a little note to Greg's nephews who are currently obsessed with trains, cars and all things with wheels.

Doesn't Greg's car look so stately against the mountain range? That climb really did that car some good.

I know this has become a bit of a photo dump for summer vacation photos, but I promise I will get back to outfits and what not very soon! Fashion Week is around the corner too so stay tuned for major lady times.

















No comments: