December 29, 2011

This Is The New Year

Greg and me sipping on Sophia Coppola can champagne last New Years.
I hung out with some old Madewell co-workers last night and my friend Heidi and I had a long chat about getting older and realizing what we want for ourselves. That plus Anja's year end post totally had me rethink this entry and actually reflect on what happened in 2011. To be honest, things have been rough for me since 2009, and it's only now that I am starting to feel like I might be approaching happiness. I can see it on the horizon, but I'm not quite sure how long it will take to get there.

One major event that I can think of was FINALLY getting a job after months upon months of soul crushing unemployment and living like a pauper. Not that I live like a king now, but I can at least go buy groceries without the fear of not being able to pay rent if I buy a can of black beans. This job has actually lead to a greater realization, which is that I think I would like to have my own store some day. I know I could do it and I know I would damn good at it, so at least there's that.

Other major things included buying a bike, my John Wilkes Booth road trip, one of my best friends getting married and the trip to St. Croix, Fashion Week, moving in with Greg and generally just getting our lives on the right paths. We have been such a support for each other this year and I feel lucky to have him as a partner in my life.

I guess I don't have much to offer in terms of wise words or an all-knowing phrase to sum up the year, but I will say that I am looking forward to the next one. For now I am going to paint my nails and stress about tonight's outfit.

Happy New Year!

No comments: